Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Card Blitz - All Shook Up and Free as a Bird

 Hi friends!

With the stay at home order and social distancing, I've been thinking of my friends -- missing them, hoping they are doing well, and generally wanting them to know I care about them and their families during this uncertain time.

And because I love stamping, I have been making cards, LOTS of cards!

I read about another stamper who was reaching out to her stamping customers by mailing them cards; she included a smaller note card that they could then mail to one of their friends. She called it a card blitz.

I loved her idea and started a card blitz of my own, mailing full-sized cards with a note card to family, friends, and customers. I think of these card and note card as mailable hugs and it warms my heart knowing I'm brightening their mailboxes!

I'll be sharing samples of the cards in upcoming blog posts. Some of the cards, like the one below came from a monthly stamping kit from Stampin Up (the subscription kits are called Paper Pumpkin kits).

I have several kits that I never got around to making until I suddenly had time while social distancing - I'm sure some of you can relate to those type of projects!

Today's card is based on the All Shook Up kit from December 2014 (!) which made shaker cards. The "confetti" in the card is in a window and moves around - very cool! The kit came with several greetings for the front including the word Hello. I created a slightly different version by using my die cutting machine to cut out the word Friend using the Well Written dies.

All Shook Up card
All Shook Up with Well Written die cut

I also included note cards that I stamped. For the note card below, I stamped the birds on a branch image from the Free as a Bird stamp set on a piece of vanilla cardstock 3.25 x 4.75". I colored it in using Stampin Up Blends markers (alcohol markers). The No Matter the Weather, We're in this Together sentiment is from the March Paper Pumpkin kit. I tweaked them a little by using different bakers twine colors.

Free as a Bird note card

using Silver and Petal Pink bakers twine as an accent

using pink and white bakers twine

 
Hope you enjoyed these cards. Check back as I'll be posting photos of the other cards and note cards I mailed.

I'd love to help you start your own card blitz! Contact me today and let's get started.

Stamping is fun!

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment