Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My convention swap & Shelli's creative challenge--a little summer fun!

Hey friends!


I fell in love with the idea of putting a pinwheel on a card and couldn't wait to give it a whirl so to speak! And to make it even more fun, I had a chance to use some of the new products in the new Stampin Up annual catalog.


I used several new SU products on this card---the designer series paper used for the pinwheel along with the birthday greeting and coordinating framelit die are all from the new SU annual catalog.


Speaking of fun, I had a blast at the SU convention--check out some of my recent posts to see how much fun! I'm already making plans to attend next year, the 25th anniversary of SU; I'm sure it will be an amazing celebration!! Join my SU team now and start planning to attend with me!


Ingredients

Recipe:
  • Emboss the Real Red cs using the polka dot folder; adhere to the Daffodil Delight cs.
  • Adhere the 3" wooden skewer piece using glue dots to the card front. Slide a small piece of the red ribbon under the skewer and tie it.
  • Lightly draw a pencil line on the backside of the DSP corner making an X. Cut each line toward the center, stopping about 3/4" from the center. Erase lines.
  • With the DSP right side face up bring a corner of one cut section to the center and glue down; it doesn't matter whether it is the right or left corner piece just be consistent with the other pieces. Bring the next corner to the center and adhere; repeat until 4 corners are attached to the center.
  • Pierce a hole in the center where the corners meet; insert a glimmer brad.
  • Adhere the pinwheel to card front with a dimensional, covering the top part of the wooden skewer.
  • Stamp the happy birthday greeting in Real red ink on the scrap piece of white cs; cut it out with the coordinating framelit die. Adhere over the wooden skewer using glue dots.
Stamping is fun!

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment