Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Father's Day blog hop

Image may contain: text


Hello friends!

Are enjoying our Father's Day themed blog hop? I hope so! I’m hopping with fellow Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from all over the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. You may have arrived from Elizabeth Green's blog. What a wonderful project she shared!
My project features Guy Greetings stamp set. I'm a little sad it's retiring because it has been my go to stamp set when I needed a masculine card for the men in my life. Birthdays, holidays, Yay days, You're the best days,etc it was there for me, just like those fabulous guys in my life. I'll miss it!
My project was inspired by a shadowbox card made by Kathleen Wingerson; click here to see her card.
 

I made some minor changes to Kathleen's design and used the same design to make a more generic masculine card. Thanks to Kathleen for sharing her design and video!

Thick White Cardstock (cs), 4.25 x 11"
White cs, 3 x 3" and .75 x 3 1/8"
DSP 4.25 x 5.5" (I used a retired neutrals DSP, but any white and black DSP would work; current products include Petal Passion, Pick A Pattern, or Tutti Frutti DSP stack).
Black cs, 3.5 x 3.5" and 7/8 x 3.25"
Smokey Slate cs, 3.25 x 3.25"
window sheet 3.5 x 3.5" (trim after lining up stamped images)
inks: Memento black (car on white cs), Stazon (for window sheet), Smokey Slate

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you. Are you going to miss Guy Greetings, too?

Thanks for hopping with us. Now click on the next image to hop to Jackie Bultje's blog to see her project.
No automatic alt text available.

All the supplies used in my design can be ordered through my online store, click here.
If you don't already have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I would be happy to have you join my Stamping is Fun team. Give me a holler and let's chat about it.

Stamping is fun!

Terri

20 comments:

  1. What a nifty technique! I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. Please share your card when you give the technique a whirl!

      Delete
  2. Nice card. I won't miss it because it wasn't translated in French ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design! Love these cards :) Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will miss this set too, I also miss the dsp you used...I love how you used the window sheets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I miss not having any current DSP with handwriting, too.

      Delete
  5. Nice card. I am like you.... I will miss this set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't bear to sell it, so it will have a happy retirement on my oldie but goodie shelf :)

      Delete
  6. I love the design and two versions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love vintage, so yes, I will be missing Guy Greetings too. Great Card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Guy Greetings. Sigh. I will miss this set too! TFS Sandy

    ReplyDelete