Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Diaper cake for a baby shower gift

Hi friends!

A few weeks ago I saw a really super cute baby shower gift made from disposable baby diapers. So when a shower was planned for a colleague I decided to make my own. I searched youtube for directions to make a cake of my own; I mostly followed this video. While my first effort isn't too shabby, it does have a noticeable tilt; I think if I practice a bit more I could make a pretty awesome diaper cake!

I used some retired Stampin' Up! designer series paper (DSP) (raspberry tart) and coordinating ribbon as accents. The happy couple are expecting a girl but mom is not a fan of pink, so I chose colors that complemented rose red, with kiwi kiss being the main color....what do you think of my first effort??

I used a box of 106 size 1 disposable diapers and decorated the layers with a set of bath toys and stretchy headbands that had small bows.
3-layer diaper cake


bath toys used as decorations

wrapped in a basket bag















topped with a princess bath duck water thermometer


















Terri













No comments:

Post a Comment