Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Hello friends!

I hope Santa visited your house and left a little something for you---I am sure you were good all year!

Every year I make one-of-a-kind Christmas cards for most of my family and friends. And every year it seems I am making last minute cards on Christmas Eve; this year was no different, but keeping the design simple and using Stampin Up's coordinating inks, cardstock, and, designer series paper (DSP) I was able to make 4 cards in less than an hour.
Candy cane with Fesitival of Prints DSP

Tree with Festival of Prints DSP

Candy canes in Festival of Prints DSP


















Penguin from the owl punch
























I cut the tree and candy canes using the stocking accents die with my big shot; two of the candy canes and the tree were cut from the festival of prints DSP, the other candy cane was cut from cardstock in a coordinating color (riding hood red). I added sparkle to the images with dazzling details and bit of bling with silver glimmer paper punched with the scallop border punch.

For the penguin card, I embossed the cardstock base with the vintage wallpaper embossing folder, made the penguin using the owl punch, and stamped the greeting in real red ink with a stamp from the Hand Penned Holidays stamp set; I added dazzling details to a few spots on the card base and incorporated silver glimmer paper by punching a small oval that the penguin is standing on.

I have to confess something.....I don't make a Christmas card for my husband. I am not sure why, but I always buy him a card. After this year though I will be making his card!
We bought the same card for each other, even though they were purchased at different places (his from a card store, mine from the grocery store). Next year his card will be just as unique and special as he is. He deserves a one-of-a-kind card, special hand-stamped with love card, too, and I am going to make it happen!

A few pictures from my holiday...

checking the stockings for loot

go Ravens!


playing with the croissants


three monkies---hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil

Classes & Clubs:
  • The Techniques club meets for it's final monthly gathering of the year on Thursday, December 27th at 1pm; we'll explore using crystal effects in a variety of ways. For non-club members tuition is $10 or FREE with a minimum $25 order on the day of the club meeting; RSVP today!
  • New clubs begin in January -- make a variety of lovely handmade cards for the loved ones and friends in your life (thank you, valentine, wedding, baby, sympathy, thinking of you, birthday, mothers day, etc). RSVP today to save your spot!
Stampin Up news:
  • Spring catalog begins January 2, 2013 -- you are going to love it!
  • Clearance Rack Blitz sale is going on right now---I love a bargain and this is a big one with some items up to 80% off! Fabulous savings and if you are a demonstrator you can receive and additional 20% off clearance prices!! Another reason to join my team TODAY :)
  • Stampin Up is sharing really awesome creative ideas on their new inspire blog -- check it out, many wonderful ideas posted almost daily.
  • Sale-a-bration begins on January 22nd

Stamping is fun!

Terri

Questions? Send me an email terhare@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment