Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Summer Lunch!

Hey stamping friends!

It was a lovely day here in central Maryland -- low humidity, delightful temperature in the low 70s, and clear blue skies. And to put a cherry on top of this fabulous day, I was invited to a Summer Lunch! The lunch was hosted by my dear friend (and Stampin Up upline), Susan.

Susan mailed us these lovely invites - you may recognize the Mixed Bumch stamp set, it's coordinating Blossom punch, and the labels collection frames...the colors are Daffodil Delight and Melon Mambo. Very summery!

Tasty appetizers were awating our arrival...crackers with cream cheese drizzled with sweet pepper jam and a summer fruit plate. Yummy! Not shown were the freshly made mojitos - awesome. That's all I'm goin' to say about those drinks!!
Susan out-did herself with the table settings--we ate off china, she decorated the table with hydreanges from her garden, and served strawberry lemonade in jars decorated with a twist of a bright summer fabric. So very pretty!



But then it got even better...the food was served. How does this sound for a summer lunch menu--deviled eggs, zesty Italian bow-tie pasta salad, ripe red tomato stuffed with shrimp salad, and buttered criossants. And more mojitos and strawberry lemonade!! It was a party in my mouth!


 
After lunch we had a grand old time hanging out and chatting. Before too long we enjoyed dessert--a yellow cake with a vanilla pudding and pineapple layer, frosted with cool whip and dusted with sweetened coconut. The perfect refreshing end to a truly delightful summer lunch. Sorry I don't have a photo of the cake, but I was having too much fun socializing to take more photos.

One last note--I am a Stamping Up demonstrator and make every effort to gift those around me with things I create with Stampin Up products. For my hostess friend Susan, I made six 3x3" note cards in summer colors and a small swinging handle box to store them in. The stamp set is the retired Silouette Sentiments; the colors are Tangerine Tango, More Mustard, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, and Old Olive. I used the oval frame from the Frames embossing folder set; the inside of the frame coordiates with SU extra large oval punch. The box project came together rather quickly--I followed Regina Andari's 3x3" note box tutorial which I found on Splitcoaststampers.com.




I also made each of Susan's guests a "matchbook" containing 3x3" post-it notes.


The lunch bunch (I'm in the back row, on the right)

Hope every one of you had a lovely Saturday as well!

I'd be happy to help you design favors or hostess gifts for your upcoming gathering. My email and phone contact info is below.

Stamping is fun!

Terri

410-647-4011
terhare@hotmail.com
Shop Now!
Join my team! Limited time offer--join Stampin Up for $99 and select $125 in products, PLUS get the new Make a Cake stamp set, Patio Party DSP, and coordinating digital content, for FREE---total kit valued near $200!

No comments:

Post a Comment