Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 11, 2012

Celebrating 27 years of wedded bliss!

Hey friends!

I  have just one small stamping project to share with you today and much to share about my anniversary celebration. I hope the travelog isn't too boring!

My husband and I celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary last Friday, We planned a short get-away to the National Harbor. It's just south of DC and looks across the Potomac to Alexandria, Va. We had a spectacular time! The weather was beautiful for this time of year in Maryland and we took advantage of it!

First, I marked the occasion by whipping up this card for my beloved...the Elegant lines folder makes a beautiful embossing pattern on Concord Crush cardstock; pearls add a little something-something.

We poked around the shops in the National Harbor; here's my beloved at one of the shop displays acting like he regularly gives briefings a the White House press conference room...

Doesn't he look serious!















The Navy contemporary band was giving a free concert on the plaza and we were lucky enough to get an outside table at a nearby restaurant (the Rosa Mexicano) so we could listen during dinner. I loved the guy on stilts near the stage area--the atmosphere was festive!

The meal and music were fabulous! 
The food looked so good at Rosa Mexicano I took before-and-after pictures...
Pork shank for my beloved
He practically licked the platter clean!


Shrimp tacos for me




guacamole made table-side--we demolished it!




































After dinner we walked to our hotel and enjoyed the sunset from a bench in the Gaylord Hotel gardens--just like the old love birds we are. I took some awesome photos of the setting sun....
Gaylord Hotel Atrium

sunset view from the Gaylord toward Alexandria, Va

sunset overlooking the Potomac River

My beloved made me laugh

my beloved
A few more photos of us goofing off in the Gaylord's garden as we watched the sunset.












"Our" garden bench with my beloved....














More photos of us at the hotel---from our room, standing on the balcony looking into the atrium.
my beloved at the Gaylord hotel

me at the Gaylord hotel


















We decided to spend the next day at Mount Vernon since it was close by. It had been years since either of us had been there. Another perfect day! 

Potomac side of the house
other side of the house-faces the bowling green

Planted by THE George Washington--amazing!

It's one very tall tree!












































I hope you find a few moments over the summer to relax, too!

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment