Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 20, 2014

Quilt block patterns for cards -- Love them!

Hi friends!

My step-mother serves her church family in many ways--she's on the Wednesday lunch crew, attends bible study and Sunday school, and the quilting group--plus she lends a hand here and there. She likes making cards and has become the "card lady" sending get well wishes and birthday wishes to church members she know through her various activities.

A while back she asked me if I could find designs for cards that had quilt patterns. Her quilting group wanted to acknowledge good wishes sent their way. I started a Pinterest board just for quilt cards I came across, planning to hold a card class eventually.

I finally got my act together and held the class earlier this week. The cards I created followed some of the patterns I had pinned but feature the new Moonlight designer series paper (DSP) paper stack in Stampin' Up's 2014-2015 catalog.

The patterns I used are made with a 1" square punch, mostly cut in half on the diagonal; although for some patterns the squares are further cut to get even smaller triangles--the diagonal pieces are cut in half.

I glued the pieces directly onto the grid paper placemats Stampin Up sells, to help keep the designs aligned, then cut them out and adhered the design to cardstock before embossing with various embossing folders.





Stamping is fun!

Terri
terhare@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment