Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Tea ladies do lunch and kumihimo!

Hey friends!

I've posted my latest tutorial video....check it out! What do you think? Would you rather make a fabulous treat box like this or receive one?

I made several of these boxes; I gave one to my hairdresser and the rest went to my monthly club members with their orders.

I used the basic elements of this box to make pillow boxes but changed up the color scheme a little---black card stock for the box and Melon Mambo ribbon, but the same frame from the I Am stamp set I got at Stampin Up convention.

I made the pillow boxes to give as little treats to the ladies I go to tea with. Last Saturday, instead of having tea we had lunch, then we made kumihimo bracelets. I'd never heard of this type of braiding before, but it's super easy!

Want to experience the luncheon and bracelet-making party vicariously through my photos? I thought you might!
the table setting was absolutely beautiful

appetizers---chicken hot wing wing dip and deviled eggs

delicious artichoke, vegetable and chicken casserole--yummy!

watermelon, feta, and olive salad---might be my favorite salad ever!

some of the ladies lending a hand in the kitchen


I tried it all!!!













turkey burger sliders with flavored mayo---check out the cute mini grapes!



















After lunch Olga gave each of a kumihimo kit and our first braiding lesson....
Hey Olga! Loved the luncheon and making my kumihimo bracelet!

Peg shows off the kumihimo circle

My bracelet---I choose the Ravens team colors


I chose to make a two color bracelet because I wanted to use the Baltimore Ravens team colors--purple and black. Start to finish it may have taken an hour to make this bracelet--and it was my very first attempt! You can use a variety of materials--embroidery floss, silk cord (rat tail), wire, etc. It's easy and a very portable craft. I plan on making many more bracelets!

I'm going to wear my bracelet on Purple Fridays. For you non-Marylanders, this is a local tradition for Ravens fans; every Friday during football season we show team support by wearing team apparel or team colors on Fridays. I am ready for football season!!

Did you try anything new or exciting recently?

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment